Immigrate to Luxembourg from Ukraine - Tailored Relocation Support
Immigrate to Luxembourg from UkraineUpdated on Monday 30th May 2022
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews.
based on 1 reviews.
Foreign citizens who want to move to Luxembourg have several options in terms of visas, no matter the country they come from. In the light of recent developments, however, Ukrainian citizens can relocate to Luxembourg under special procedures if they are refugees.
If you want to immigrate to Luxembourg from Ukraine and need support, you can rely on our lawyers. We are here to advise on how to obtain temporary or permanent residency.
The first step when entering Luxembourg as a Ukrainian citizen
If you are a Ukrainian coming from the conflict zone, you can enter Luxembourg without a visa, based on your ID. Once arrived in the country, you need to contact the Immigration Office within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and apply for a temporary protection status.
The procedure of obtaining this status is quite simple and the temporary protection is granted for a period of 1 year with availability until March 4th, 2023. The status can be extended for another 6 or 12 months depending on the evolution of the situation.
If you are in the position of obtaining temporary protection, you can rely on our immigration lawyers in Luxembourg for guidance.
Eligibility for temporary protection in Luxembourg
In order to be eligible for temporary protection, you need to meet the following conditions:
- you must have been an ordinary resident of Luxembourg before February 24th, 2022;
- you must have left Ukraine before or right after February 24th, 2022.
- Ukrainian citizens who were outside their home country around this date can also apply for temporary protection.
If you are not in any of these situations, you can move to Luxembourg from Ukraine the usual way. A useful tip is that you can also gain employment if you are a temporary protection status holder.
The usual ways through which one can immigrate to Luxembourg from Ukraine
Under normal circumstances, Ukrainian citizens would have to relocate to Luxembourg by applying for one of the residence permits issued by the immigration authorities here, as Ukraine is not an EU country.
Here are the main ways through which you can immigrate to Luxembourg from Ukraine:
- by applying for short-term residence permits;
- by applying for long-term residency.
It is also important to note that when coming from another EU country, the procedure is much simpler, as you have already obtained an EU residence permit.
Feel free to address our law firm in Luxembourg for more information on the simplest way to move here.
How to obtain Luxembourg residency as a Ukrainian citizen
If you are looking for long-term relocation, here are the main options you have if you decide on Luxembourg:
- an employment visa is one of the most appropriate ways of living and earning money here;
- you can also come here on a student visa following which you can enter the local labor market;
- investment is an option for entrepreneurs who want to explore the business market in Luxembourg;
- you can also retire to Luxembourg provided that you have sufficient funds to sustain your living here.
Each option comes with its own requirements that can be explained by our Luxembourg lawyers. We can also help you draft the paperwork required to obtain a residence permit.
How long does it take to obtain residency in Luxembourg?
If you want to immigrate to Luxembourg from Ukraine, here are the main aspects to consider:
- it takes approximately 4 months to be issued a residence permit;
- the validity of a temporary residence permit ranges between 1 and 5 years;
- after 5 years of living here, you can qualify for permanent residency.
Feel free to contact our local law firm if you want to relocate to Luxembourg from Ukraine on a temporary or permanent term.