Legal Services in Luxembourg
Legal ServicesUpdated on Thursday 05th January 2023
Rate this article
based on 2 reviews.
based on 2 reviews.
Starting a business or moving to Luxembourg can imply procedures which require the help of a law firm. This is why, our lawyers in Luxembourg are at the disposal of local and foreign citizens and companies in need of various legal services.
All our services are based on years of experience of our team of lawyers who are ready to support you in all your endeavors. We offer tailored solutions to every situation and we can help in a wide range of legal matters.
Below, we invite you to read about the legal services you can rely on us in Luxembourg. If you have any questions, we will make sure to answer them in the shortest time possible.
Legal services available with our law firm in Luxembourg
Our Luxembourg lawyers try to provide dedicated services to individuals, professional investors and companies in or outside the country. This is why we have gathered a team with comprehensive knowledge in various areas of the Luxembourg legislation.
Here are the main legal services available in Luxembourg:
- complete company registration services which imply several procedures, among which business licensing and even mergers and acquisitions;
- company liquidation and dissolution services, no matter if they are completed on a voluntary or compulsory basis;
- assistance in various litigation matters which can be completed outside or with a court of law in Luxembourg;
- tax advice and tax planning solutions for companies and high net worth individuals in Luxembourg;
- assistance in real estate matters, which imply real estate due diligence, buying and selling properties located in Luxembourg;
- assistance in various matters concerning immigration to Luxembourg and employment-related matters, including in obtaining work permits for Luxembourg;
- legal services related to Civil Law matters, such as Family Law cases that can include marriage registration, divorce procedures, child custody, etc.
If you consider there are legal services which you need and have not been included on our list above, do not doubt in asking our attorneys in Luxembourg about them.
Despite being one of the smallest republics in Europe, Luxembourg is home to a wide variety of landscapes. You will require a Schengen visa to enter the country if you are a non-EU national. By the way, the Schengen agreement was created in the Grand Duchy and is named after a location there. So, if you are interested in immigration to Luxembourg, feel free to contact us for support.
Formation of Luxembourg companies
We offer legal assistance and representation for the formation of SARL and SA companies in Luxembourg. This also includes services related to company formation such as company domiciliation, accounting services etc.
Those who want to open companies in Luxembourg need to respect various requirements imposed by the Company Law in accordance with the type of company selected. As mentioned above, the private and public companies are the most employed business form in Luxembourg, and we can assist with the following:
- - the trade name reservation;
- - the drafting of the Articles of Association;
- - the translation and notarizing of other documents related to company incorporation;
- - filing of the entire documentation with the Companies Register in Luxembourg;
- - tax and VAT registration (including EORI number registration).
As mentioned above, we can help you liquidate and dissolve your company in Luxembourg, provided that all legal requirements are met. Our legal services in Luxembourg include advisory services related to the conditions which need to be met in order to appoint the liquidator for a company undergoing liquidation followed by the dissolution phase.
We also provide legal services related to the setup of Luxembourg legal entities with or without independent legal personality: Luxembourg subsidiaries and branches.
Assistance obtaining permits and licenses needed in order to conduct business activities in Luxembourg is also provided. This relates to permits from local authorities, licenses to conduct certain financial activities, requirements to hire a Luxembourg national etc.
We also help in mergers and acquisitions, purchase of shares in existing Luxembourg companies as well other corporate restructuring on the Luxembourg market.
Our Luxembourg lawyers and accountants provide legal assistance related to the dissolution and liquidation of Luxembourg companies as well as bankruptcy procedures. If you need these types of services in another European country, such as Ireland, our partner law firm can help you.
Corporate and commercial litigation
Litigation can be completed within or outside the courts of justice in Grand Duchy. Our Luxembourg law firm always advises clients to try and settle disputes through mediation or arbitration but can also support you if you decide to appeal to the justice system. It is also useful to know that Luxembourg is home to the European Court of Justice.
Our lawyers will be able to represent you throughout all the stages of a litigation in Luxembourg.
Tax advice and tax planning
Taxation is one of the most important aspects of starting a business in the Grand Duchy, which is why our legal services imply offering tax advice and solutions for you and your business to always be in complete compliance with the laws here. We can offer taiolred tax minimization solutions for your business in Luxembourg.
Legal services when buying real estate in Luxembourg
If you decide to purchase residential or commercial properties in the Grand Duchy, our Luxembourg lawyers can help you select the right type of property based on a thorough real estate procedure. We can the help you draft the sale-purchase agreement and register the property. We can also help you if you are in the position of selling real estate in Luxembourg.
Other legal services in Luxembourg
As mentioned earlier, we are at your disposal if you need assistance in immigration-related matters. Our immigration lawyers in Luxembourg can explain the services we can provide you with if you want to relocate to Luxembourg based on a residence permit.
Those in need of legal assistance in employment matters, no matter if as employers or workers can rely on our services. We also offer tailored services in various civil matters.
Why choose Luxembourg?
According to recent statistics:
- in 2018, Luxembourg’s Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) stock was 164,806 million USD;
- approximately 3/4 of the FDIs in Luxembourg come from EU countries;
- greenfield investments represented an appealing FDI sector with 30 projects in 2018;
- Luxembourg ranks 66th in the World Bank’s Doing Business Report 2019.
Foreign nationals can find various business opportunities here. If you are interested in relocating here, our immigration lawyers in Luxembourg can assist you.
For complete information on our legal services in Luxembourg, please contact us.
We can offer you a wide range of legal services, such as company formation, also in other European countries, such as Turkey or Slovakia.
We invite you to watch a video about the legal services we offer to international clients interested in doing business in Luxembourg:
If you are interested in immigration to Luxembourg, you can contact us for personalized assistance.